- Seychelles is officially known as the Republic of Seychelles.
- It is made up of 115 islands and is located in the Indian Ocean, off the coast of East Africa.
- Its capital Victoria, is the smallest capital in the world.
- It has the lowest population in Africa, having less than 100,00 people.
- It is home to the Coco De Mer plant which only grows in Seychelles and whose seed is the largest and heaviest in the world.
- It is home to the Giant Aldabra Tortoise, which is one of the largest tortoise specie in the world.
- The official languages are English, French and Seychelloise Creole.
- The main religion is Christianity
- Fishing and tourism are main the income earners in Seychelles
- Kenyans do not require a visa prior to travel, but receive a visa stamp upon arrival. Ensure you have all your documents in order.
For my experience in Seychelles, check out:
Seychelles is more than beaches: http://126.96.36.199/wangechigitahi.co.ke/seychelles-is-more-than-just-beaches/
Busted in Seychelles: http://188.8.131.52/wangechigitahi.co.ke/busted-in-seychelles/