- Zimbabwe is officially referred to as the Republic of Zimbabwe and its capital city is Harere
- It is a landlocked country and is bordered by Mozambique to the East and Southeast, South Africa to the South, Zambia to the Northwest and Botswana to the West and Southwest.
- It has a population of about 16million people
- It has 16 official languages with the most commonly used being English, Ndebele and Shona
- It shares the famous Victoria Falls locally known as “Mosi-oa-Tunya” and means, “Smoke that thunder” with Zambia.
- Its main income earners are farming, mining and manufacturing.
- It gained its independence from Great Britain in 1980.
- It has one of the highest literacy levels in Africa.
- The main religion is Christianity and it is open to other religions.
- A Kenyan does not need a visa to visit Zimbabwe. Ensure you have all your documentation in order.
For my exploits of Zimbabwe, check out:
Fascinating Bulawayo: http://184.108.40.206/wangechigitahi.co.ke/bulawayo/
Historical Great Zimbabwe: http://220.127.116.11/wangechigitahi.co.ke/historical-great-zimbabwe/
Enchanting Victoria Falls: http://18.104.22.168/wangechigitahi.co.ke/enchanting-victoria-falls/